Monday, April 16, 2012

The mission is getting even better

Ok i love being an assitant i must say. Its got a lot of responsibilities and alot of worries and junk that i dont like to do. I aint a fan of going to the office and being out of my area, i like teaching i am here to be a master teacher, but mainly a servant of God, in this position i have the duty and privildge to help other missionaries. It's really funny to help them, cuz the problems they got are always pride issues. Pride is so evil!! I dont want to be a proudful person!! Eww, gross pride!! So President was out traveling this week in Tierra Caliente with my comp so i had another comp. Elder Espinola for this week with me. He was my replacement in Patio Bonito! He was with me here this week. I felt bad for him, he was just with me while i had a super busy week being the only functioning assistant this week! The assitants from Tierra caliente were with President and my comp was with them and i had to manage the office this week. Had to go to the embassy and do some visa errands for Pres. had to go to some missionaries areas to fix some problems. Interview 2 zones this week! haha! Its was pretty fun to interview. I did them because there are some missionaries that are just hilarious and cant solve problems in there companionships!! AHH! One companionship was hilarious!! haha!! They have problems cuz one of them likes to kick and hit the other one. He is super aggressive and the other one doesnt like to work so he is always watchin tv and they get home like at 700 at night haha!! I was like dudes what are you doing!! Why are you here Elders! I cant believe the problems that Elders have, for being lazy and prideful to accept how to be better!! haha!! So i interviewed them, we came up with what i call a babysitter plan. So we also talked with the ZL there and they now call them everyday at 400 to seee how they are doing, how many contacts they have and lessons and all!! It was a funny interview. I aint always the most serious person, especially when it comes to Boas like these Elders, SO the elder was like my comp always hits me like this (and hit me on the shoulder) and i started freaking out and was like Elder wow, there is no need to be agressive, Elder Please do not hit, we are to to talk this out in a calm way, please do not punch me, remmember our bodies are temples!! haha. I was just messin with the guys, haha!! I am really starting to understand what it means by forget yourself!! Theres a quote that i like that says that when you loose yourself you have more of yourself to find. The more that we serve and give of oursleves and forget our own needs but look after the needs of others, we are so much more happy, there are less problems!! JUST LOOSE YOURSELF IN THE WORK OF GOD!!! Its great!!

So i have a capacitaion this week with these 2 zones about developing Christ like Attributes!! While preparing the training the thought came to mind, what characteristics do i have that are like the SAvior, in what way does my conduct reflect Christ!! The was the basis of my training i had with them. Hopefully it will help a bit, this week i am going to kenndey for 2 days to do some exchanges with elders and i have another zone trianing to talk about how to echar afuera el Natural man.( Throw out the natural man) I am excited! Were are gonna get these Elders to feel the fire of God!! The Spirit of God like a fire is burnin baby!!

Really the best part about being assistant is to see the miracles of God!! Oh my Gosh there are so many more smally huge miracles!! IT is great! I feel like i have been recieving so much mroe revaltioin for the mission, my area, my life in general!! Its great, I have to sleep with a notebad by my bed, because it seems that God always wants to talk at night for some reason. But i dont mind at all!

So last night all of our appointments failed!! 4 in a row!! So like a month ago we got met a less active member that we never were able to contact she lives like 2 blocks from our house. It was 730 and we decided to see if we could find her house so we went searchin and we got lazy and knocked on a door to see if they knew where she lived. IN colombia the addresees are by number so we were lookin for Kr 27 number 1·27We knocked on Kr 27 Number 1a-27 We knew we were close we just didnt want to look at the end of the street to see what way to go. It was a 5 story apartment complex and i just talked on one of the speaker phone door bell things. And i was talkin to the lady through the phone phone thingy in front of the house and she was like let me see if there is a Carolina that lives here. she was like no, but i will come out side. She she came out, and her brother and her Mom! We were like we dont want to bug you but we are just lookin for a house!! And then we got to talking about the gosple, and then the Jorge(The brother) was like i will come out with to find it!! He got his umbrella!! IT was poorin rain, we ar in winter right now!! ITs like flooding here! And we came out with us to find thi s house we walked to whole block when it was really like 3 houses to the left when we took a huge loop to the right haha!! While i was talking to him he asked me, can you help me, sometimes i feel like something is missing but i dont know what it is, its like a whole inside of me and ineed to fill it with somethin. I almost fainted of joy!! We taught him a bit about the restoration and how the gosple heales the wounded soul!! He was like WOW!! i felt like that hole just got smaller!! So we are now teachin him and his family we have another appointment tonight!! THE MISSION ROCKS!! I love it how, God blesses us with a miracle, he know when give our day he blesses us with miracles!! It was 730 on Sunday, we have to be in the house at 8 on Sundays, but because we were not satisfied with goin home early, we wanted to Work, God led us to this family!! How great it is! God blesses us when we give our all!! Today we have a lunch appointment with a guy we met this week contactin and he invited us to lunch!! We knocked on his door and was like how about ya all come on over for lunch on Monday and we will talk more!! STOKED.

Being assistant is was more tiring but it pays off!! I believe that ya i will die in the mission as AP. Its usually a death til do you part thing, but maybe the new Pres will change his mind, he come in July. So i will be AP at least tip august with him, but then Ijust have one more transfer. but we will see.! What ever the lord has in mind! Life is well and great! Love the mission and I love my God! Elder Hammer

No comments:

Post a Comment