Tuesday, December 6, 2011

i am grateful to be in the gospel and to be an american 11/21/2011

I am so tired of teaching athesist people!! AHHHHH!! They are so easy yet so hard to teach!! Theres this guy that we are teachin that is part of something called Metta physica!! Its a belief that God is in everyone, that a person is made up of a spirit a soul and a God!! When they pray they pray to their yo superior, so they pray to the God that is in them!! The believe that Christ only is a person that has lived perfectly becuase he conquered his inner yo superior!! The believe in the re encarnation, and things like that!! They dont believe that Adam and Eve really were adam and eve, they believe in many on this earth that there we atlest 50!! I was like how do you know that! He didnt have an answer!!!! Then We he denied the divinity of our Savior Jesus Christ I got like literally mad! It was a weird mad, it was more of like how dare you even question the divinty of Christ!! So i started to talk alot to him about Christ and I asked him, if they believe in re encarnation then what happens when we become perfect he was like well we all have to come back to earth again and stay fresh and he used an example that its like when we study addition we still must practice it so we dont forget!! So then i asked him then where is Christ, He has only one body, he was resurrected, the scriptures testify of this, that our Lord is not here on earth physical but yes we have the Holy Ghost here that testifies of Him, So if everyone must re encarnate then where is Christ today! Then i had the opportunity to testify to him of the Divinty of Christ, The importance of His coming here to the Earth to save us, The great power of the atoning sacrifice of Jesus and How we can be saved through the atonement only if we repent and come unto Him! The thing about theses athesists is that you cant really use the scriptures too much to help them believe, my comp is hilarious when we teach these guys, He is super good with the scriptures and all, so the last time he used the example of Korihor, the anti christ and how he get trampled and is killed, the guy was like, are you telling me people are going to step on me until i die!! I was like, Elder its an excellent story but maybe the trampling part we could have left out!! haha! but i love my comp!!! But the thing abouit athesist is that the whole time is, is that we start of on their field using their logic until we get them to a point where they question there one knowledge then i become a testimony field! The only thing that can change an athisit is from a testimony so he testify, and thats what i love to do!!! I have increased so much in my love for the scriptures and i know them sooo much better and i can teach with them and use references but its really the terstimony that will create another testimony!! So i always try to leave a good point for them to think about but even more important a testimony to feel!!!!

We had a crzy fun pday today!! Its rainy season so its always wet here!! But we had a soccer game against Zona Soacha, we dont know why, but we decided to make them a rival Zone, we we played them today!!! The field was soakin wet and all muddy, but what do we do, of course, its an allout war of mud tackel soccer, YES!!!! IT was so beasty!! I am gettin a lot better at soccer now!! I am like the defender of the Zone!! I love it!! We get pretty agressive and we attack and of course my zone won!!!! Zona Soacha has been undefeated for like the past 5 months, but i have never played against them ,and of course when my zone comes in, we beat them 10 -6 !! That how we do in Zona Libertad!! We made a logo for our Zone as the statue of Liberty!! haha! WE got little sweaters made for our zone that we are all gonna wear to the next multi zona aconferencia!! its gonna be bomb!! I love being Zone leader!! Its a blast!!! I just love being a missionary in General!! Its the greatest!! We just help people, thats all!! I love it!!! but i hate doing so many errands! Ahh!! We do a lot of errands as zone leaders so we loose a lot of time in our area!!!! but tis alright, i love my zone, we basically are the best!!!

 We are super excited here in Roma i think i told you about the family that we met conatctin the other week here well they got a baptismal date for JAnuary!!! We are super stoked!! I put a pic of them as an attachment!! THey are doing so good!! THe girl speaks english and is super cool!!! But shes like a bit clueless about what is this whole purpopse of life is and things like that, and i feel so greatful that I have been born in the truth and have this understanding and testimony of God!! Cuz without it i would be lost!! But they came to church on Sunday and they liked it an we got an FHE with them tonight!! We are gonna try to also have thanksgiving with them!! They dont have thanksgiving here, but we are gonna do something as a zone that, i am cooking the turkey it seems!! haha!! All is well my dear friends!!! I love being a missionary!! I love Colombia!! I love my savior and my God!! I miss you all tons!! But super content being in the Service of the one and only true God!!! Our saying in the Zone is PREPARANSE POR GLORIA!!!! haha!! Prepare yourself for Glory!!!! Thats what we do!!!

 Love ya all!! Enjoy THanksgiving!!! My three candy corns for the Year!! Number 1!! I am so greatful my my Savior Jesus Christ!! He is more that just a great teacher, but he really is the Savior, he is my light and my guidance and give me an understanding of Purpos!! Number 2!! I am so greatful to be a missionary in the Service of my God, to have the opportunity to be an instrument in His hands and serve Him here in the same country as my beloved Father!! Yes MY POPS is super number !! I am greatful for my superheroe Heavenly father and my Good ol Pops here in the Earth!!! I am greatful to serve in the same country as him!! I will have lunch with pres pico, next week!! And Numer 3 Which is super important is my lovely family!! YESS My family is soo perfect!! I am grateful for my perfect family!! To have parent like nephi a brother like Sam and sisters all three like my mary magdelenes!! That is my scripture comparision of my family!!!! I am so grateful to have grandparents that are firm in the faith and have raised up my bomb parent to raise me and my stellar sibling and i am so stoked to get to know my niece Evelyn soon! I am grateful to have my awesome aunts and uncles that played with my parents as children and who all are number one aunts and uncles!! I love ya all and will be think of you all this thanksginving as i preach the word of God this Week!!! Love Elder Hammer





No comments:

Post a Comment