Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The First letter!


Hola mi Familia!! Yo soy Elder Hammer de Clovis, California!! I just said hello family I am Elder Hammer from Clovis, California in Spanish!!! The MTC is great and fun!!! I have made some very close friends this past week! I am in a Pilot District!! I am with 10 Elders that are the genuine pigs for the new way missionaries will be taught! We have a custom schedule that only my district has! So we are doing things no other elders have done! We are the first Pilot group with this new program!! Our class is on the 5th story of a building and has a celestial view of Provo!! We get a bit distracted looking out the window but it is gorgeous! Our classroom has 2 cameras in it that we are being monitored on. There are people watching us study and learn to see how this new material helps new missionaries being trained! We are the only ones in all the MTC that they are doing this too! Our room is kind of high tech with a nice T.V and we have new custom books and everything! 

My Companion is AWESOME! His name is Elder Fugua! He is from a small town in Texas, and was Quarterback at his high school. He is fun and we get along great! We bunk with 2 other Elders named Elder Tag from New Hampshire and Elder Smith from Kansas! They both are good Elders! Our class is the Best of the Best! We are really get sucked into the work and have a blast at doing it! We are in our classroom for about 13 hours a day! We only leave for  ½ hour of exercise a day and for an hour each meal! We are extremely busy but we are learning a lot! We have a blast learning though! I am better friends with the Elders here than I have ever been with anyone else in my life! We all have one purpose, one goal, and one God! We have started new traditions already at the MTC! We make our whole floor gather together now to say a "family Prayer" every night! It is so awesome! My best friend here is probably Elder Galati from North Carolina! He is awesome! We have a lot of fun together! We started to do this thing called "Napkin Poetry!" We write a poem at every meal on a napkin and make it sound all deep and profound and recite it and give it to random Elders! It's so fun! Elder Allred is from Canada and yesterday we Canada's Thanksgiving so we had to have Thanksgiving party so we all made Cards and decorations and had a "Canadian Thanksgiving in our dorms last night! 

On Sunday we lost about 25 Elders from our Zone! We used to have about 45 Elders in our District but we get 10 new Elders today so our numbers will go back up! On Sunday our Zone gathers in a dorm and we sing "Haza Ver!" Which is “God be with you til we meet again” in Spanish!! It was the coolest thing ever!! We all we screaming the song at the top of our lunges the 1st 2 verses then we sing softly the last 1 calmly! It was the rowdiest yet most spiritual thing I have ever witnessed! As these young missionaries were going into the field the next day! It was so cool! 45 Elders crammed into a little 30ft by 20ft room singing there hearts out! Elder Fuegua was a bit homesick for a while but he is doing better now! He is a great Elder! All of the Elders here are such great examples to me! When I first got here I was too excited to be home sick, now that I'm getting into the flow of things it’s hitting me a bit but I am too anxious to get to work to really think about it! Everything here is awesome and divine! We say prayers like none other! Before we go anyway when we arrive before we eat, it’s always with a prayer! The spirit is constantly here and is felt! 

We have fake investigators that we teach and we are allowed to teach in Spanglish! I am pretty bien con Spanglish. I’m picking it up ok here! We are only allowed to speak Spanglish in class! With this investigator Elder Fuegua y yo had a hard time connecting in our teaching style. He likes to disprove people with scripture and I like to testify. But the other day we finally found our balance and are making huge progress with our investigator Manuel! We get along great! I love him! I am only allowed to be on the computer for ½ hr a week and I can only write any type of letters on P-Days! So My P-day is Wednesday so I can only write Wednesday! I will be sending a huge letter to the family every week and I will handwrite everyone personally each week! I just need Kens and Jays address so I can write you girls! Love you tons my time is almost out! They have timer on the computer that counts down then will kick u off! Love you all and miss u!!

Yo se que JesuCristo es mi Hijo, y Jose Smith is un profeta! Yo soy un Missionario de JesuCristo.
Love,
Elder Hammer!

No comments:

Post a Comment