Monday, August 6, 2012

getting work done

Well it seems to me that my death will not be an easy one after all!! Well this week i had to go to Neiva with President to do some missionary training and help him with a meeting with our good old friend Pres. Pico and organize out new missionary plan, Plan Perry, with the people in tierra caliente. So i left Thursday and got back Sunday morning. I am super wasted. But it was a great trip. I love being with President. He has that inspiring fire that keeps me going and he loves workin me to death. Its pretty funny cuz he usually forgets all of the little logistical things so i always got to pop up with a quick fix to the little things haha!! Its fun. I am glad that we have a lot of trust between us so he just gives me like a quick sec to do my thing and we can get things rolling again! Its always fun and an adventure with president! haha!! But i left my companion in Ibague to work with another missionary for a couple of days. Its not good that a new missionary does all of the errands and all that i have to do. I dont want him to get out of the teaching routine or anything. It's best if he stays in a teaching routine and a constant plan of contact and teaching. I try to limit my Ap stuff to the shortest time possible but still be an effective Ap. It's a challenge at times haha! But i got a bit ticked when i got back. I left my comp with the ZL and they arent waking up on time or studying like they should and the assignment i gave them they didnt really do it to the level that they should have!! So that got me a bit frustrated but we are getting the mission rollin! We are doing some great work here!

 Our atheist guy is great!!! We were talking about the creation this week with him and he loved it about Adam and Eve and the creation and we actually read the Pearl of Great Price alot with him. It's an awesome book about the creation! Really Atheists just want answers and for lack of not knowing the truth they still feel the effects of the apostasy and try to make there own answers from the lack of knowledge from the lack of the plenitud del evangelio. So we teach in a little like salon in our Apartment complex and we teach the security gaurds and our atheist friend loved our talks this past week and invited more friends to listen to us! So we have christians and atheists there that we teach. It is the coolest experiences ever!! We make sure that we are not fighting our contectious ir nothing just we speak pure doctrine!! Its funny with my comp! I am working really hard with him in his spanish he got 2 weeeks in the mission field and well we are in the fight!! He has a hard time with numbers and colors and common phrases but i try to get him to do a bit more that just a testimony at the end of lessons! But when he jumps into the lesson with these guys its hilarious! He brings up a topic from like 20 minutes ago haha!! Poor guy i remember those days haha!! But the athesist guy wants to come to church so he promised to come this coming sunday withus YAAA!!!! Its gonna be awesome! I am stoked! An athesist at church haha!! But my comp and i were fasting last week to find some new investigators and this week we got 16 new investigaros that are killerly awesome like people who will progress who listen to us and they are great!! The lord is truely answerin our prayers and we are working with the Lord in His work!1 I am loving it!! Well all is well here in Colombia. Love ya all a ton! Elder Hammer

No comments:

Post a Comment